Jack & Jill (WSDC)
The Jack & Jill competitions are designed to highlight social dance skills in spontaneous swing dancing and the ability to dance well with a variety of partners. A bit of "luck of the draw" comes into play as well.
Competitors enter as individuals, are randomly assigned partners, and dance to music selected in advance by the Competition DJ. Depending on the number of entries, preliminary and semi-final rounds may be held and will be danced in a heated format. Finals may or may not be danced in a spotlight format. Each division must have at least 5 leaders and 5 followers. There is no maximum number of competitors.
Each competitor may enter only one skill level Jack & Jill competition (Novice, Intermediate, Advanced, & All-Star). No change in a division will be permitted without a petition process. Couples must maintain physical contact except for spins, turns, short breakaways, and recoveries. Dancers must maintain their own physical contact with the floor during partner weight supported moves.
Our qualifications for entries promote fairness and competitor enjoyment by grouping dancers of similar ability in the same division. Our rules are based on the World Swing Dance Council (WSDC) recommendations. The Organizers will verify that all competitors are dancing in the division that they are qualified for according to the WSDC. If you are not comfortable dancing in the division where these qualifications place you and would like to dance in a different division, please petition for a division change (see "Petitions").
Competitors who are 18 years old or younger by the end of the event. Juniors competitors may also dance in any skill level Jack & Jill (Novice, Intermediate, Advanced & All-Star).
- Competitors with no competition experience should dance in this division.
- Competitors with any amount of novice points cannot dance in this division.
- Competitors with fewer than 15 novice points should dance in this division.
- Competitors with 30 or more novice points must dance in a higher division.
- Competitors with 15 or more novice points, but fewer than 30 intermediate points should dance in this division.
- Competitors with 45 or more intermediate points must dance in a higher division.
Competitors who are at least 35 years old and no older than 49 years old by the end of the event.
Competitors who are at least 50 years old by the end of the event.
- Competitors with 30 or more intermediate points can dance in this division.
- Competitors with 45 or more advanced points within the last three years may continue to dance in this division but are not required to do so.
- Competitors with 45 or more advanced points within the last three years may dance in this division.
- Competitors must have accumulated at least 3 points in All-Star within the last 3 years to remain eligible to dance in this division.
Please note we strongly enforce the eligibility for divisions as per the updated requirements that are suggested and published by the World Swing Dance Council.
Important Note: You must purchase a Full Pass to compete.